Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Ten Commandments From A Pet Point Of View

1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me, don't be impatient, short-tempered, or irritable.

3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back. Respect is earned not given as an inalieable right.

4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice and your tone, "you only have to look at my tail".

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it and if it's cruel it may affect me forever.

7. Please don't hit me. I can't hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I really don't ever want to do that.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask your self if something might be bothering me. perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak. I may be just dog tired.

9. Take care of me when I get old; you, too, will grow old and may also need love, care, comfort, and attention..

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it, or, "Let it happen in my absence."

Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, irrespective of what you do I will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...