Saturday, December 20, 2014

Savory Glutinous Rice Balls

The year is coming to the end with the celebration of the Winter Solstice. Looking forward for a wonderful brand new year.

This year is the second time I tried to make the glutinous rice balls. I failed the first time because I used the wrong flour. It was very funny. I put them to boil and I waited forever for them to float when they are cooked. They just sunk to the bottom of the pot.

It was said failure is the first step to success so I will try again this year with a twist. I made the savory type as I wanted to keep my sugary/ sweet food intake low so that I won't burst my quota. I want to reserve them for chocolates, cookies and such. 

There's a lot of ingredients going into this compared with the sweet version. I had the soup base made from chicken bones, soy beans and anchovies. Then there are chicken slices, mushroom slices and lotsa cilantro. This goes really well with chopped chilli with garlic and some juice.


I managed to find 3 guinea pigs for this experimental dish. So far, they are still alive and kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...