Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Soup

It's just too much hassle to cook for one single meal and having to do the dishes afterwards. I always try to cook in bigger portion and divide it into single portion batches and freezes them. Same amount of dishes to clean, doubled or tripled up the ingredients and just a few minutes extra ensures a lazy person like me a home cooked hearty meal most of the time. On my busy days I'll just chuck the frozen meal into the science oven( I really adored the way Jennifer Lawrence called the microwave oven this way in American Hustle ). I'll be cooking new items and store it on other days so I won't get bored eating the same meal 3 days in a row.


There's a little prep work to be done before putting everything into the pressure cooker. The black beans need to be soaked for a few hours. Sauté chopped onion until they caramelised then add in the garlic, bird eye chilli's, cumin, tomato purée with some Hungarian sweet paprika. The chicken breast, sweet corn and black beans goes into the pressure cooker along with the sautéed ingredients with salt, bonito granules and pepper to taste. Cook them under pressure for 90 minutes and they are good to eat. Can be garnished with grated cheese and parsley according to your preference. 

Bon appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...