Friday, August 9, 2013

15042013: What Happens in Vegas, Stays In Vegas

We are heading to Las Vegas! Yay! I'm just feeling overwhelmed for being able to experience different cultures around the world, doesn't matter if it's Las Vegas or some slum area in India. I can go anywhere and still be happy. Fine dining or road side stalls, 5 stars or just dormitory style hostel, being chauffeured around or just having to walk around...it's no big deal for me. Life's too short and the world's too big for me to settle down just like that.

This is the time where I'll be able to really let my hair down and to reflect on things. Things that used to be so nerve wrecking, heart breaking, so out of proportion, overwhelming and so sickening to me, are now miles away from me. Almost like I'm stepping out of myself and to see things from another perspective. Things seems much clearer here and it's not the end of the world, like what I thought previously.

And here I have finally arrived at Las Vegas situated in the Mojave desert, the city of sin. Yes, I've committed a major sin within an hour of my arrival. Gluttony... I lost count of how many of these crazy Creme Brûlée that I ate. One of the seven wonders of my dessert world. Kryptonite is Superman's weakness and Creme Brûlée is June's weakness. Diet? What diet?


Le Rêve means "The Dream" in French. We are going on a journey of romance, action and fantasy tonight in Wynn Las Vegas as what is mentioned in the introduction of the most talk about show here( an understatement here). Wait til you seen the show with your own eyes.

We hired a limousine ( more like a mini bus to me) to take us to Wynn right after dinner. A relief to me, I ate too much and I don't think I can walk too much now. Feel like sleeping too... Yawn....until
I get into the limo. I felt like I was being transported back to a decade ago, my partying phase. Club music blaring from every direction taking my sleepiness away.
The verdict of the show? Wow! Magnificent .... Love it. A few times more of the worth of your money.
Do you think I'll call it a night after this? No right? Anyone in their right mind will not do so when they are here in Las Vegas. What did I do here? I wondered around The Strip in this cool night. Having supper at McDonald's before heading back to Monte Carlo which is situated nicely along The Strip. Good for a restless person like me. 

As I was getting ready to sleep, I felt something on my bed. Like someone invisible sitting on the end of the bed near my legs. Hmm.... Must be my tired legs from all those walking just now. I  try to stay very still for a few minutes and struggling to keep myself from falling asleep. Indeed there's something right on my bed. I peered into the darkness, can't see anything but I still feel it. I did knock the door before I come in and I did leave my shoes scattered near the entrance( Chinese superstitious). I can feel that it isn't aggressive and I don't really feel afraid that moment and it's still moving around  gently. Quietly I told 'it' that I'll be staying here for 2 nights only and please let me sleep and Zzzzzz.....

It's morning when I woke up. The night went by peacefully. Not the first time I encountered such thing. First in Salzburg and now in Las Vegas. But at least I'm still able to sleep like a baby soon after that.

P/S: Friends has been commenting about the delay in updating my blog recently and also lack of pictures of myself for this current trip. Thank you so much for noticing. First, I'm having a massive workload right after the trip as my company is going through rebranding phase now. Being me, I always feel that I have to be personally involved in every aspect of stuffs which is totally not the right thing to do. I'm learning how to delegate tasks around and to have trust in others or I'll be just forever trying to juggle tasks in my hands and getting frustrated and getting nowhere. Wearing too many hats at once is very very exhausting. I now wish that there's additional hours in a day for my loved one and for my blog. 

Secondly, someone fucked up with my hair and I don't feel like posting pictures of myself and my stupid hair. I'll blog about that fucked up hair experience soon.

That's the end for this long ass blog entry for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...