Friday, May 10, 2013

A Reminder To Self: Don't Be Too Quick To Judge

As usual, the first to do when I reach my destination was to find an Internet connection. It is as vital as breathing for me. Over the years, it had become a way that my loved ones keep in track of me due to my easily agitated personality. Just don't ask where I went and what I did, PLEASE! Not that I joined some Satanic convent or snuffing cocaine somewhere. If I want you to know, you'll see them in my blog or social media feeds.
                             
I want this fireplace in my home someday....

                                   
This is where I woke up 5 or 6am in the morning executing my daily workout while my dear roommate was still in Slumberland. Push ups, jumping jacks....

                                
Spent 2 nights here at Holiday Inn Civic Centre at Eighth Street, nice place. We made our way to the Union Square for some mid day snacks. I heard about Cheesecake Factory there. As I was trying to enjoy the scene of those beautiful buildings on those sloping streets, I had a little shock. Maybe it's due my exposure back home. We don't go to certain part of the city and avoiding certain crowds and I definitely don't feel like going out alone in this part of the city. Certain streets nearby were like some ghetto places, it was reeking with some urine smell, people sleeping at the walkway and some like soliciting business by the roadside. Back at home, if we were to venture out to places like this, we could end up in the crime victims statistics. It was just an uneventful stroll to Union Square. Being a bit paranoia , I was too fast to judge and it isn't fair to stereotyped others like this. My bad.


                                          The Cheesecake Factory in Macy's:
                                          Spoilt for choices here but nothing beats the plain of
                                          cheesecake, nothing else but cheesecake..........


Dinner afterwards was...well the strawberry on the cheesecake was nice and sweet. The rest? No comment but I can tell you that I just ate all these vegetables and the rest when into the bin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...